The DeHoops

This blog is dedicated to our family and friends all over the world who we love and miss very much!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween





I always loved dressing up as a kid. It was something my mom always encouraged for us. Every year we would choose our costume and then make it together. We were usually some character from the Bible. I remember wanting to be Queen Esther almost every year because I could wear heals, jewelry and fancy stuff. Halloween holds some of my favorite memories. We would go trick-or-treating to the neighbors on our street and then go to our church for a havest festival. I loved it and I still love it. I'm making it my mission to reclaim Halloween for the Lord. If the world can try to steal the meaning of Easter and Christmas, then I can steal Halloween and make it about fun and reaching out to our neighbors! Anyway, enough of my ranting. I was so excited to dress Aubrey up, that I bought her costume months ago. As soon as she woke up, I dressed her in her little chicken costume. She wore it all day and then went to Grammy and Grampa's house and visited a few neighborhood houses. It was a freezing night, so it was a good thing Aubrey's costume was really padded! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home